March 8, 2012

What Am I Supposed to Be Doing?

    "So what am I supposed to be doing, God?" I asked. "Should I be witnessing to my neighbors? Or praying and worshiping four times a week? Should I be gathering with other friends to seek you and hear your voice? Should I be traveling around the world trying to show your love? Maybe I should get a job and make some money for future ministry?... What should I be doing, God?"
    One day I read a verse which helped clarify my mission on earth.  Second Corinthians 5:18-19 says:
And all of this is a gift from God, who brought us back to himself through Christ. And God has given us this task of reconciling people to him.  For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them.
   God has given us this one job of reconciling people back to Him. It's so simple! Whether I'm teaching, preaching, evangelizing, taking care of kids or the elderly, praying, talking to friends, or giving advice my purpose in all should be to bring people closer to God. My words and actions should draw people up rather than pull them down.
   God wants His people to come into His loving arms. He wants His children to come back. And we each have a part in His wonderful plan to reconcile mankind to Himself!


4 comments:

  1. WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is a amazing way to put it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really amazing!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is awesome Kimby!!!!! Love it!!!! follow it and embrace the journey HE has you on. As you wrote, "...we each have a part in His wonderful plan to reconcile mankind to Himself!" Hugs!

      Sherry

      Delete